Sometimes I feel like I have lived twenty lives. What some of you may not know about me is I used to be a bartender. It was my night job before I was married and had kids. While I don’t miss working at night and weekends, I do miss the daily contact with some real interesting individuals. I remember I had a regular customer who would come in every week with a new joke. I really looked forward to seeing him because I always knew that no matter how my day was going I was sure to have a good laugh. I love to laugh, and to me, people ~must~ have a sense of humor or you will probably won’t last around me too long because I am laughing quite a bit.
I love storytelling and I also love to read quotes. A good quote to me is like good natural medicine, it just takes a bit to change your mood into a new direction.
1. “Happiness is not a goal, it is a by-product” Eleanor Roosevelt
2. “The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance; The wise grows it under his feet” James Oppenheim
3. “The happiest person is the person who thinks the most interesting thoughts” Timothy Dwight
4. “From contentment with little comes happiness” African proverb
5.” Happiness is not having what you want, but wanting what you have” Hyman Judah Schachtel
6. “Cultivate more joy by arranging your life so that more joy will be likely” Georgia Witkin
7. “Happiness depends more on how life strikes you than on what happens” Andy Rooney
8. “The secret of happiness is not in doing what one likes, but in liking what one has to do” James M Barrie
9. ” Our brightest blaszes of gladness are commonly kindled by unexpected sparks” Samuel Johnson
10. “In things pertaining to enthusiasm, no man is sane who does not know how to be insane on proper occasions” Henry Ward Beecher
Tags: african proverb, andy rooney, contentment, eleanor roosevelt, foolish man, georgia witkin, henry ward beecher, hyman, james m barrie, james oppenheim, joke, joy and happiness, Kids, life, natural medicine, new direction, night job, samuel johnson, schachtel, secret of happiness, sense of humor, story, timothy dwight, unexpected sparks